My colleague mentioned that Libre Office allows the user to chose the delimiter when exporting to a csv format so I decided to quickly install the current version (5.1) on the Windows box I use. On opening Calc I found the user interface completely screwed up, to the point that the application was unusable.
It turns out that the OpenGL rendering was the problem. Most likely down to the Quadro card in workstation not being able to support all the features Libre Office requires. It's possible to disable the use of OpenGL rendering through the GUI if you're able to get to it.
This can also be done by manually editing the registrymodifications.xcu file: